First month progress

Hello people!! I am here presenting you with my monthly GSoC project report. I will be providing the links to my work at the end of the section.
A bit of background: Its been a great first month of Google Summer of Code for me. I was so excited that I had started writing code a week before the actual coding period started. First month as I had expected, had been quite hectic and to add onto it, my semester end examinations are also running at the moment. So I had to manage my time efficiently which I believed have done great so far. Coming to the progress made during this period, I have done the following:
1.1 Implement PolkitQt1 Authorisation back-end:
Here I had aimed to implement the same Polkit back-end as the one implemented by KAuth currently. I had to replicate the same behaviour and just remove the mediator ie. KAuth from in between.
1.2 Scrap Public Key Cryptography code based on QCA as QDbus is secure enough:
QDbus already provides enough security to the calls made by the application to the helper. Hence no need to encrypt, sign the requests of the application and verify their integrity at the helper side.
1.3 Establish QDBus communication from helper towards Application:
Previously the Application to Helper communication was done through QDBus session and Helper to Application was done via KAuth. In this task, I had aimed to remove KAuth and establish QDbus mode of communication here as well. I have linked the patches to the above tasks below in “Patches” section.
Links to my patches: If you are a mind with curiosity, you can checkout the patches I have submitted over phabricator here.
Note: Only the second patch(scrap PKC) is merged into master, rest others are still Work under progress.
Curious minds may try having a look at the code and maybe give suggestions/advice about the code.

Till next time, bye bye!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog