Third month progress

Hello visitors!! I am here presenting you with my final month GSoC project report. I will be providing the links to my work at the end of the section.
Final month of the work period was much more hectic and tiring than the first couple of months. I had been busy more than I had anticipated. Nonetheless, I had to write code which I enjoyed writing : ) . In the first half of this work period, I was focused on completing the left-over QDBus communication from the phase 2, which I did successfully. But as when I thought my task was all over, I was faced with some regression in the code, which I utilised my rest half a month to fix it. I will talk about it later in the post. Coming to the progress made during this period, I have done the following:
Complete left-over QDBus communication from Phase 2:
During the first 2 months of the work period, I have completed the rest of the QDBus communication from Helper to Application. This was pretty easy to do, just had to follow the same as done by the Application when it contacts the helper. Earlier, it was QDBus which was used from Application towards Helper and KAuth from Helper towards Application. Now it is QDBus both ways.

Tried kick starting the helper:

As I had said above in the intro, I was faced with some real difficulty during the second half of the work period. As soon as I finished up QDBus thing, a regression was caused (Which I should have noticed before, my bad), helper was no longer started by the main application. I spent rest of the days brain-storming the issue but due to shortage of time, could not fix it. I plan to try fixing it in the next few days before GSoC ends(26th August), if I successfully do that, I will update the status here as well .

Things yet to work:

There are couple of things which are yet to work before we reach complete independence from KAuth:
1. Helper as a standalone application not able to start from the main application
2. Scanning issue: This is an issue in which after successfully authenticating, KDE Partition Manager is stuck on the scanning window. I believe this issue is directly related to the one mentioned above, but can't say for sure.

The above mentioned issues are obstacles in between achieving a KAuth free KDE Partition Manager.

Plans after GSoC:

I plan to complete the left over parts and issues after the GSoC ends. I look forward to contributing to KPM and KPMCore in future as well.


Links to my patches:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog