Second month progress

Hello visitors!! I am here presenting you with my second month GSoC project report. I will be providing the links to my work at the end of the section.
Second month of work period was much more easier to manage than the first one. All thanks to my semester end vacations. Because of that, I contributed much more than during 1st month. This month have been a fruit-full month for me, fruit-full in the sense that now I could see code written by me doing some action. The base outline which I had laid for the Authorization back-end is now producing some results. A Polkit Authentication dialog can now be seen. Coming to the progress made during this period, I have done the following:
Refine and merge the Polkit back-end and QDBus communication patches:
I have refactored and refined the above stated patches by removing extra functionality which I had added during my first work period. I have written and arranged the code such that now it shows up authorization dialog generated by the KDE polkit daemon. After doing so, I have merged both the patches into one.
Add Unit test for Polkit Authorization back-end:
I have added a Unit test for Polkit Authorization back-end, testing the functionality of the authorization back-end. This is almost complete just a bit or two left.
Compile Helper into a stand-alone application
Helper itself is a separate non GUI application which works independently from Main application. Earlier, a macro provided by KAuth was used to compile it into stand-alone application. Now, I have completely removed the dependence on KAuth to do so.
Epilogue

So yes, we are gradually moving our way forward towards completely removing our dependence over KAuth. But there are some things which are yet to complete. To name one, I need to finish up QDbus communication from helper to application which sends dbus (Inter Process Communication) messages. Currently I had tried this in QDbus patch, but it is not yet fully complete. All this stuff is done by KAuth currently in master.

Screen shot of KDE Authentication Dialog:















Links to my patches:
2. Unit test:  
Maybe give me some suggestions/advice about the code or anything else you feel about. If you have any suggestions/questions, feel free to ping me at aryan10jangid@gmail.com. No spams please (Just kidding : ) 
Till next time, bye bye!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog